3 Ways To Generate More Sales leads In The Next 30 Days
Are you a consultant, coach or creative service-provider struggling with sales?
Here’s 3 Ways To Bring In More Clients Into Your Service Based Business…
People don’t like it when I say this, but if you are new in business and investing more time scrolling and posting to social media than you are speaking to people IRL then you’re making things a lot harder for yourself than they need to be.
Take it from someone who learnt the hard way and spent waaaaaay to much time in my first year hanging out in my Canva account making pretty prompts for Instagram thinking that gorgeous branding alone would have clients lining up to work with me.
Fast forward a few years and I truly believe that as service-based business owners we are some of the luckiest people in the world. Why?
Because in one single sales conversation we can make hundreds (if not thousands!) of pounds as a coach or creative consultant. The problem is – most service providers simply do not want to build their business on a 1-on-1, person to person basis. It feels long-winded and tedious when, in reality, it is the smartest and quickest way to bring in revenue.
I learnt the hard way.
Like so many consultants and coaches I too listened to the big gurus in the beginning and became obsessed with their a ‘build a following’ approach and saw social media as the best way to be ‘visible’ on a budget. It’s so easy to focus all our energies on watching our follow count when, in truth, this approach always takes much, much longer to convert into an actual paying client than a single sales conversation in person will.
Don’t get me wrong – social media can be an incredibly powerful tool and I believe it plays an integral role in how you show up for your clients - but only once you have all the fundamentals and a solid sales strategy in place.
These days I have a fully-automated sales funnel and very few things make me more grateful in my business than waking up to sales calls with my dream clients firmly booked in my diary. If you’re struggling with sales I’d love to show you how.
Personally, I hate pushy sales and much prefer to teach and serve from the soul. I call this approach my Savvy + Soulful Sales Funnel™. I usually only share it with my private clients to help them attract their dream clients through meaningful, 1-on-1 conversations that put them in their zone of genius – serving NOT selling!
Here’s a snapshot of my Savvy + Soulful Sales Funnel in action:
Create An Event (On or Off-line) +
Promote It. Hard. +
Serve With Value/private Conversation +
Share Your Signature Service (follow up)=
It really is that simple (if you allow the process of ‘Creating An Event’ be easy 😉)
Here are my fave 3 types to events to try when you are just starting out and on a budget:
1. Run A Free Online Master Class – hosting a webinar or free web classes on Facebook Live is a great way to showcase your expertise and drum up some interest in your services. This should not be one long video promotion or sales video! This should be a really value-packed online training that will leave attendees feeling inspired and motivated to take action. Here is an example of a free web class that I offer my potential clients who are starting a business for some inspiration. You should also give them the opportunity to connect with you at the end of the training.
2. Host A Free or Paid Live Event – I love to combine real world experiences with online coaching and running intimate mini master class (1-2 hrs) in your local area and hosting them on Eventbrite so that your potential dream customer can find them is a really great way to make a deeper connection, coach in real life and also builds trust. You can even use the same materials that you would use for your online master class and invite them to book in a time to discuss working with you at the end of the session.
And a super-short cut for those strapped for time or resources…
3. Attend 3 Like-Minded Events (if they are relevant to your audience) - I invite you to do this, this month and connect with as many people as possible. It sounds silly but the key is to connect on a soul level and speak to them as normal people, not potential clients.
Ask normal questions and see if they are opportunities to support them with your services.
I know that this can be quite intimidating at first so I always suggest breaking the ice with questions like ‘what made you want to attend this event today?’ or ‘did you find what you were looking for from this event today?’ as a less intimidating way to get a conversation going about what they are struggling with. If you feel you can genuinely help them then invite your new friend for a no-strings conversation or Discovery Call to discuss how you may be able to support them in their next step. Target yourself with inviting a total of 10 people for calls across the 3 events.
Sounds easy right? Because it can be!
What if you decided today that sales don’t have to be stressful or sleazy?
What if you decided that in the next 30 days you were determined to bring in some revenue in your business?
No you won’t win every client, but the most important thing is making sure you are doing everything that you possibly can to bring in new sales leads.
Speaking of NEW SALES LEADS…shout out to one of my amazing clients, Ijeoma from Igbo Study, who implemented my Savvy + Soulful Sales™ Funnel WITH AN AUTOMATED ONLINE EVENT just 10 days ago and booked 4 sales calls off the bat to begin filling her new Igbo Group COACHING Boot Camp.
What would an extra four sales mean in your business mean this month?
If you’re done feeling stuck and hoping posting to social media alone will help sell your services, try out one of the 3 approaches mentioned above this month.
And if you’d like some 1-on-1 guidance from me to help you set up your very own Savvy + Soulful Sales Funnel then book in a Savvy + Soulful Sales™ Session with me today.
I’m offering 50% off my done-with-you service (typically available only to my private clients) for the real action takers ready to boost their sales and take action in the next 30 days.
· Building out a bespoke sales funnel for your business so that you have a clear plan of action moving forward
· Understanding of the simple technology you may need to manage inbound sales
· Mapping out your ‘Event Flow’ so that you can create an on or off-line event that converts
· Co-create your email follow up sequence so that you feel confident following up
· Develop your sales script so that you know exactly what to say on your sales call or meeting
· 1 x Follow Up Phone Call 14 days after you go live